(Via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
- ½ fresh lasagna sheet
- 2½ cups (75g) baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 large basil leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp granulated garlic
- 6 TBS pasta sauce or tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- Cut the lasagna sheet in half, and cut each strip in half again. Place the pasta sheets into a bowl, and pour very hot water in it, until it covers all the pieces. I used boiled hot water from my electric kettle. Set the pasta pieces aside.
- Chop the spinach and place it in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the top with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in it for ventilation. Microwave for 1 minute. Take out the spinach and let it rest.
- Grate the mozzarella while you wait for the spinach to cool.
- Mix the spinach with the ricotta, pepper, granulated garlic, and salt. Set mixture aside.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of pasta sauce at the bottom of the mug. Top with a piece of softened pasta sheet. Add some spinach mixture, 2 tablespoons of mozzarella, and a pasta sheet. Continue building the lasagna, ending with a layer of pasta sheet at the top. Sprinkle mozzarella over the pasta.
- Microwave everything for 1 minute 30 seconds. Check to make sure that the mozzarella is melted. If it isn’t, continue microwaving at 15-second intervals until the cheese is fully melted.