(Via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
- 1 cup (about 125g) microwaveable rice
- 2 TBS frozen peas
- 2 TBS chopped red pepper
- ½ green onion, chopped
- small pinch of mung bean sprouts
- small pinch of shredded purple cabbage
- 1 large egg
- 1 TBS low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp five-spice powder
- Place the rice into a large mug and cover with cling film. Using a knife, puncture one or two small holes through the film. This step is important! You don’t want to scald yourself. Microwave the rice for a minute.
- Mix in the vegetables (peas, red pepper, green onion, bean sprouts, and purple cabbage). You can add as many vegetables as you want as long as the contents don’t spill over the mug. Cover the mug with the cling film, and microwave for another minute.
- In the meantime, beat the egg and mix in the seasoning (soy sauce, sesame oil, onion powder, and five-spice powder). Pour the egg mixture into the mug, and mix well.
- Cover the mug with cling film again, and microwave for another 35 to 40 seconds. Take the mug out of the microwave, and give everything a good stir. The egg should look fully cooked. Let the fried rice stand for a minute before serving.