- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles or fusilli
- 1 to 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Snipped chives, for topping (optional)
Bring the chicken broth and 1/2 cup water to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the carrot and celery and simmer until slightly soft, about five minutes.
Stir the lemon juice, cooked noodles, shredded chicken, and a pinch each salt and pepper into the simmering broth. Ladle into a bowl. Top with snipped chives, if desired.